Monday, March 14, 2011

florida, baby.

It started on an airplane.
I don't think Kayla was ready for this one.

We boarded the plane, where we left snow, ice, and 15 degree weather.
And got off to this.

The first few days were spent at the hotel, swimming and tanning in the glorious Florida sun. Oh, and shopping of course. Then was the Superbowl. And we are alllllll for the Packers (and not just because they're the champions). We were about the only ones at the hotel wearing Packer apparel. And we wore it with pride.

After deciding that you can't go to Florida and not visit the beach, we drove down to Cocoa Beach.



Hearing that the weather was supposed to go downhill, we made the decision to go to Disney's Magic Kingdom for the day. I hadn't been there since I was about 6 years old and I loved it. I could ride Space Mountain all day.

Loving the sun too much to leave after just a week, we extended our vacation three days longer than originally intended.


 After sorting out the car rental and flight situations, we left our hotel (my favorite) and drove down to Ft Lauderdale where we spent two nights, walking downtown past all the small tourist-y shops and beach themed resturaunts, and shell-searching on the beach.
Our second stop was Daytona where we shopped at a wonderful mall near Miami (quite a trip to get there), attended the Bud Shootout race, considering it was the week of the Daytona 500, and drove on the beach.
Even with the extra days, it wasn't a long enough vacation for me. I miss the Florida sunshine, visiting new places, and the sand between my toes. But I also missed my house, my friends, and my own comfy bed.
So I was glad to be back, but I would jump on a plane and do it all again in a heartbeat.

No comments:

Post a Comment