Wednesday, September 29, 2010

homecoming.

Last weekend was the homecoming dance. This means fancy hair, painting nails, dress shopping, homecoming king and queen, carefully applied makeup, and pictures.


There was tons of stress in finding a dress <-hey I'm a poet and I didn't even know it ;)  I'm very picky when it comes to dresses. I have to like every single thing about it, from the length to the style, to the colors to the details. And then you have to add in the fact that I will probably need it altered. Last year, my mom made my homecoming dress so I got to design it myself.
This is the dress she made from scratch. Impressive, right?

This year, she wasn't feeling it. I've looked online, in stores, every where I could think of. I found the perfect dress online. The only problem was I could not figure out where to order it. I searched and searched until I finally found the site the picture was from. Except they only had it in red, not charcoal gray like I wanted. By the time I decided the red was cute too, we didn't have time to order and alter it. So we went shopping.
I found my dress in the place I least expected too. I found it in Target. I wasn't in love with it when I saw it. In fact, I bought it because it was the only semi-decent dress I'd found that day and it was cheap. But as I got ready for homecoming, I realized I actually loved the dress and was glad I had bought it.



Monday-Friday: Homecoming Week
Friday: Homecoming Football Game
Saturday: Homecoming Dance
It was a very homecoming-ish time :)

No comments:

Post a Comment